Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Best Laid Plans…..

 

And so, the final planning stages are upon us (you and I, dear reader) – though the impact of oversight shall have far greater ramifications for me than for you, I’m sure. As a matter of fact, I dare say that any tight-spots and sticky-situations I may find myself in during my month long sojourn through Western Canada and the Rockies is apt to provide you with notes of interest. And while I certainly wish for the journals of my escapades to be interesting – at least, interesting enough to keep you with me for the trip – I am not sure that I wish to provide any moments of laughter, shock or dismay (for certainly you will feel as I do, n’est-ce pas?) through my own poor planning.

It is with this thought in mind that I invite you – both of you, lol – to do me the honour of providing me with any sage advice you may possess as it relates to this adventure upon which I am to embark.

And as I write this, I realize there is something that I have overlooked. And for one such as me, that something could prove vital.

A meeting list.

And you thought you had nothing to offer. Hah!

And so, the preparations continue.

I am now tasked with locating a meeting somewhere near Lake Superior Provincial Park. That is my planned first overnight. It will make for a long first day, that is for sure. Approximately 974 kilometers – and 13 hours – according to Google maps. Being an adventure though, and not a mission, per se – I am just as likely to find a meeting in Sault Ste. Marie and bed down there for the night afterwards.

We shall see, won’t we. That is something that I took away from reading James Hesketh’s “Riding a Straight and Twisty Road”. That though I may think I know where I am going, and where I will be staying – in truth, I have only plans. And as the quote states, the best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry. Exciting, isn’t it!

I must end this entry here and prepare to head off to work. A place where I am bound to find some of the questions that I have yet to ask. And maybe too, some of the answers.

I hope that you are enjoying the ride  - or at least this build-up towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate and encourage comments and / or criticisms. If I do not get back right away it is likely because I am out riding - or haven't checked the comments section in a couple of days - but I will do my best to respond.

Hope you are enjoying the ride.